Game of the Month, January 2021 – The “Stonewall” – Opening prep experimentationFrom my favorite game this month, this year, with some nice tactical shots and a convincing attack.
LINKS: official brandonknobles.com -
This essay was inspired by and provoked while browsing Reddit looking for someone to help me fix a key on my laptop. So I read the thread and, seeing a trend, thought I would write something in the matter of an inquisitorial dialogue but, since I don’t want to lose the rest of my day […]
A brilliancy is broadly defined as a particularly difficult or complex move that is both hard to find and even more difficult to pull off over the board. These moves usually involve impossible looking moves, moves which look mysterious or even ridiculous at first glance but become obvious in their purpose as the combination unfolds. […]
A prospective college student and aspiring writer visits New York City and Ground Zero with his editor, Gazsi, a Persian copy-editor from Kensington Publishing. The two men intend to depart when term starts in upstate New York, but after visiting the empty space in lower Manhattan, Gazsi makes life-changing and drastic mistakes while the Student considers the future: a gonzo junkie artist — or a respectable man?
Brandon sits down to speak with the host of Pen For Hire, the wonderful Matt Harms!
- The People Vs. Mr. Rittenhouse – An Apolitical Socratic Dialogue November 15, 2021
- (no title) November 15, 2021
- GAME OF THE DAY – BRILLIANCY #6 November 6, 2021
- Top 10 brilliancies: The Best Chess Moves of My Career November 6, 2021
- WHEN WATER CATCHES FIRE – 1st DRAFT November 5, 2021
- Podcast with PenForHire & Matt Harms November 5, 2021
- Tactic of the Day October 27, 2021
- Hosting pic October 24, 2021
- Game of the Month: Rook Sacrifice leads to unstoppable mate October 6, 2021
- News Without the Bullshit – September 2021 October 4, 2021
- 11,381 travelers of unmapped territories